2012 Olympic Swimming Time Trials – Live Sports using 50K SoftSun Lights
The 2012 Olympic Swimming Time Trials is an example of televised live sports using 50K SoftSun lights. Four 50K SoftSun lights were used to fully light the swimming pool for this large event. The 50K SoftSun lights provided NBC Sports with stunning color rendered images and flawless non-pulsing super slow-mo replays.
The SoftSun lights are becoming the light of choice for the lighting of World Class Swimming events because of their outstanding features:
- Instant on with NO warmup time (unlike most stadium HID lights)
- Dimmable down to 10% and then ramped up to 100% with No Delay…ideal for use when introducing the swimmers in a theatrical setting
- Large Sources, so there are far fewer shadows
- Flicker Free even at high speeds, therefore there will never be a pulse or flicker on the video even with 4K and Super Slow-mo cameras
- Daylight source specifically designed for superior High Definition video color rendering
- DMX Controllable
The 2012 Olympic Swimming Time Trials, an example of live sports using 50K SoftSun lights, took place in Omaha, NE.
This entry was posted onTuesday, October 1st, 2013 at 10:00 am and is filed under Live Events : Sports and Entertainment. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.